We are looking for an Industrial Officer (Lawyer) to join the team. This position is a 12-month (part-time 0.4) contract.
Competitive salary $94,142 or commensurate to experience (Pro-rata).
The successful candidate will be an admitted lawyer & hold a practicing certificate.
We encourage applications from:
- First Nations people and people of colour.
- LGBTIQ+ applicants.
- Cis-gender and trans women, as well as non-binary people who are comfortable working on advocacy that focuses on the experiences of women.
- Disabled applicants, (please contact us about the accessibility of the workplace & any access needs).
- Survivors of gendered violence.
Applications close: 5pm (ACST) 19th June 2022
We’re a not-for-profit community legal centre. We provide free legal advice on workplace matters for people in South Australia. The Centre has 3 arms of work:
– we provide legal advice and representation to vulnerable workers who contact the Centre with work issues through one-to-one clinic appointments. Clients may require ongoing advice and if so we also provide advice outside of these clinic appointments. We provide a representation service and have the capacity to represent a client through to the conclusion of a hearing.
– we conduct advocacy to resolve systemic issues that affect women and other vulnerable workers, such as sexual harassment and precarious work. Our advocacy program is informed by our legal and education services.
– we provide fee-for-service and free training for workers and employers about workplace rights, sexual harassment, responding to disclosures of domestic violence and other topics.