The Working Women’s Centre SA Inc. is a leader in the campaign for the achievement of and access to work, fair pay, and conditions for all working women, so that they may enjoy a balanced and quality life.
The Working Women’s Centre SA Inc. will actively work for change so that women seeking and in paid employment have their needs met by ensuring that their voice is heard and that they are seen as powerful, legitimate, equal and respected contributors to work, union, political, social & economics domains.
The principle purpose for which the Association is established is to be a charity whose purpose is the relief of poverty, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability, and helplessness in the context of women in the workplace.
The Association pursues its principle object by:
Enhancing women’s participation in and contribution to workplace arrangements that improve their economic prosperity and welfare, focusing in particular on:
- Women working in areas which may be precarious and/or low status employment, casual and part- time employment, award free areas, home based employment and low paid work;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women;
- Women from non-English speaking backgrounds;
- Women who have a disability;
- Women in regional, rural and remote areas;
- Women with family responsibilities;
- Women on visas;
- Women of mature age;
- Young women, and;
- Such other people as may experience particular disadvantage in the workforce.
2. Increasing women’s knowledge of the legal, policy, and institutional frameworks that promote workplace reform; fair and efficient arrangements for remuneration; employment conditions, and; working patterns in a safe working environment.
3. Providing a safety net of industrial relations related services to women who are otherwise unable to access them and participate effectively in the labour force.
4. Enhancing work related services provided by other organisations to women.
5. The Association may do all such other things as may be incidental to the attainment of the principle object.
Where we are located:
Address: Station Arcade, 52 Hindley St, Adelaide SA 5000
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
Phone: 1800 652 697
Always was, Always will be.
The Working Women’s Centre Inc SA Management Committee and Staff acknowledge that the Kauna people are the traditional and continual custodians of the land upon which we carry out our work. First Nations’ sovereignty has never been ceded.